Between 1840 and the 1950s, the Australian economy was considered to be “riding on the back of sheep” – not in the literal term but because most farmers heavily depended on wool for income. However, there has been a steady decline in wool production from 1901 to date owing to the shift to dairy farming. As technology advances, dairy farmers now find themselves with new methods of farming for improved productivity and an obligation to practice the best dairy waste management strategies to keep up with environmental conservation requirements.
While some farmers are still into sheep keeping, many have crossed over to dairy farming since the returns often surpass expectations as Australia enjoys a huge local as well as international market of dairy products. With the numerous changes in methods of farming over the years too, farmers in the country have had to adapt to these new techniques not only to increase production but also comply with set government regulations. One of the requirements is the proper dairy waste management. Firms that help farmers do this have sprung up and one must do lots of research before enlisting any single one.
Many years ago, managing waste was never such a big deal because there were vast parcels of land allowing farmers to practice the herding method. However, with increased populations, the farming land has dwindled, forcing farmers to squeeze into little parcels. For the continued preservation of e
nvironment and safety of both animals and people, there now has to be proper dairy waste managementpractices.
Reasons to Properly Manage Waste;
- Environmental Protection – Animal waste becomes toxic when it mixes with chemicals used to spray cattle or clean their shed. Also, animals experiencing certain forms of illnesses may easily have the environment polluted using their waste. To avoid this, a Taren Point farmer is obligated to seek the services of a waste management firm with a credible history. A farmer could take a look at the latest dairy waste management in Taren Point NSW practices if they suit specific needs.
- Dairy Farmers Could Earn Money – In between the waste materials could be recyclables that may help a farmer obtain some money. If one chooses to use a reputable Taren Point NSW dairy waste management company, there can be more gains in the offing.
- Increases Working Space – Farmers will admit that when dairy waste piles, space for working dwindles and this can make work really difficult. As soon as the waste is disposed of, there is enough space to graze the cattle, spray them and do plenty more.
- Boosts Safety – Toxic waste cannot be identified using the naked eye unless one has proper training on dairy cattle. Properly disposing of waste eliminates safety risks.
- Can be Used as Manure – During the yesteryears, farmers used manure from farms to cultivate crops. In current times, however, things have changed and use of fertilizer has taken root. Most farmers are now aware of the fact that fertilizer use is punctuated with manure application to improve soil fertility.
Proper dairy waste disposal is a necessity that cannot be ignored. Find dairy waste management in Taren Point NSW available for farmers at the moment. Remember, this will not only help conserve the environment but will also help improve dairy production.